Since I sort of knew where I wanted to go with this creature, I started sketching out each idea I had, from a slug mix, to a semi-slug the weird scorpion tailed version, and even to a mantis-taur thing before I settled more on a snail version. There are a couple of shell designs I liked and need to decide between, but I'm pretty sure I'm happy with it either way. Though I have to admit that they are all pretty neat looking, and I'll end up doing something with them all in the future.
I tried to get these a little cleaned up and more presentable than the scan my scanner gave me, so I'm sorry for the little off-color edges and things. The class will be talking about these tomorrow and I'm looking forward to any comments or suggestions I get, and I would also like to draw more of these, maybe with a little variance in the type of mantis as well. :D


No comments:
Post a Comment